Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Diet / Eating Lifestyle, Colors, Thinspo

So much has gone on so quickly. I stuck to the 300 calorie plan for a few days, but it was miserable. Things were exactly as I predicted: not eating at all is easy, but having a teaser is too tempting. After the second day I decided to bump it back up to 500 calories. There are a lot of foods I can eat and keep it under 500 it seems. This also keeps my roommate from asking questions.

I guess I should explain my working and living situation a little better. Environment is very important. If you have a strong, supporting family structure around you then it's going to be damn hard to slip under the radar. If you live alone you're almost home free. I'm somewhere in the middle. Seems like I'm in that place a lot...

I live with one roommate. She's in her early 20s, vegetarian, and works a full time job. That means she's usually out of the house from 10am to 7pm. This works perfectly for me because I work at night (2pm - 11pm.) If she ever asks me about my wonky eating habits (or lack there of!) I can say I eat breakfast after she's gone, have lunch while she's at work, and eat dinner on my "lunch" break at work. The fact that she's a vegetarian helps me out A LOT. I love meat so I always excuse myself from her cooking by saying, "You know me. It just doesn't feel like a meal unless there's some meat in it! That vegetarian stuff tastes weird to me anyway."

Now that I think about it, most of my friends have strange eating habits of some sort. Vegan (no animals or animal products), vegetarian (no animals), pescetarian (only fish)... I even have a few who only eat poultry (chicken only), but no red meat. Wonder if there's a term for that one? Suddenly adopting one of these eating habits could be an excellent excuse to talk your way out of a lot of foods. Vegan is the best one! While you're at it you could even consider actually dedicating yourself to one. It'd be a great reason to tell yourself, "No. I can't have that. It's against what I believe is right." Some people elimainate certain types of foods for activist reasons (save the animals, help the environment, support local farmers, etc.). Others do it for religious or health reasons. Come up with a reason that works for you. (I don't think telling people, "Oh I'm vegan since it gives me the least variety of food! I can't eat anything!" is a good option...)


Current weight: 157.0lbs / 71.2kg

Went to 300 calories a day and stopped exercising all together. I gained a little weight and have been idling here. I think I need to stop wasting my 300 calories on fast food and packets of ramen. I'm going to try to eat healthier foods and dedicate more calories to liquids. Almost 100% of my calories have been going to food and I've been drinking nothing but water.


I gave up on yoga and walking. I live in Southern California and it has been 95F+ (35C) here. It drains my energy and really zaps my drive to work out. Having comments is a new thing for me, too! From now on any responses I do will be in a different color.

Yum: This is so hard for me to do! Exercise is the devil to me. I really need to get over it and start burning calories. :/ Yoga and running/walking/jogging are the only things that aren't appaling to me. I love to swim but I'm uncomfortable in a bathing suit! Go figure. Hopefully that won't be the case for long... [;

cutelittlefangs: Is that so? Well... they say mockery is the sincerest form of flattery! I think I'm maintaining with such a low intake because I jacked up my metabolism badly by relying on fasting too much. That's why I'm trying to stick with at least SOME intake.

Anonymous: so i herd some things... thank you for your compliment! I'll try to update as often as I can. I had a little gap here because I didn't want to post unless I saw a number on the scale that pleased me. I have to realize that gaining will always be part of it too. The number won't always go down and I need to reflect that in my posts.


By the way, did you know that red stimulates appetite and hunger? Maybe that's why it's the color we like. Check out this article explaining why food companies use red.

Here's an interesting Intervention episode about twins with an eating disorder. Click here to watch! It's about 45 minutes long.

Thinspo with motivational phrases!







Starve on. [;

No comments:

Post a Comment