Sunday, October 4, 2009

Moon Cakes

I tried to post from my phone earlier and that didn't work out too well. :/ Everything came out as scrambled characters and it posted three times for some reason. Those alien posts are all deleted now!

They were celebrating some Asian holiday at my work, and in order not to seem rude and give them "bad luck" I had a few small unidentifiable candy and pastry items. Nothing took more than one bite to eat and I had only three things. I figured I'd mentally write that off as my 100 food calories for the day and carry on. Wrong.

I discovered later via my cell phone that one of them was a "moon cake," or lotus paste bread with egg yolk. One two inch cake is 970 calories and 48g of fat. I wanted to leave right then and there and sprint all the way home to start burning it off. I contemplated excusing myself to the bathroom and forcing it out, but I've never resorted to purging before and I didn't want to start.

Here's an example of what's in the nutritional information box for a typical moon cake:

Per Half Cake, 1'', (Yolk Filling):

Calories: 470

Fat: 23g

Saturated Fat: 5g

Cholesterol: 126mg

Sodium: 88mg

Total Carbohydrates: 48g

Dietary Fiber: 2g

Sugars: 33g

Protein: 5g

Current weight: 152.2lbs / 69.0kg

Once again my lowest and current are the same. [: I screwed up today (read above) but it hasn't hurt me... yet. I've been walking a few miles each day and drinking lots of water. My energy levels are up and I still sleep less.

Eff you, moon cakes, and the horse you rode in on. Yes, moon cakes are capable of mounting cavalry. ]:

No comments:

Post a Comment