Monday, July 5, 2010

Lolita, Tea Fast

The vacation that I was trying so desperately to lose weight for has come and gone. It was amazing but I didn't get to 100lbs as I had hoped. Heck, I didn't even make it back to my lowest weight (118lbs / 53.5kg).


While I've been away I suddenly became very interested in a fashion movement known as "lolita." I know very little about it so forgive me if my terminology is off. From what little information I've gathered, most girls who are interested in it have had or do have an eating disorder (around 70% according to some surveys.) This is due in part to the fact that most of the clothing is sized for petite Japanese women. The largest size for most of the popular brands would only accommodate up to a 26'' waist! Keep in mind that's the LARGEST. Imagine if you walked into your local clothing shop to find that a 2XL only fit someone with a 34'' bust and 26'' waist. You'd only make a pit stop by your house to throw all the food away before you hit the gym.


This style is drastically different from anything I've ever worn before. Most of my wardrobe looks something like the picture above. I get cries of "Matrix," "Edward Scissorhands," and "Halloween is in October" everywhere I go. I guess I'd classify myself as alternative. I take a lot of inspiration from old school goths, visual kei and steampunk - but I try to steer more towards the Victorian-era-look of things and away from the industrial / metal / rivet head side. (Have fun throwing all that together.)

While I'm on the topic of fashion... oh my word was it nice to finally have a pair of Demonia boots that I have to wear laced as tight as they'll go with the buckles on the innermost loop. Losing weight is the best thing I've ever decided to do.

Back on topic: in a fit of desperation a few days before my vacation I went on a tea fast. I had nothing but green tea (with or without honey) and water for four days. It's a personal rule of mine not to fast because I don't usually get the results I want... but this was amazingly successful. I think it's because the tea is a natural diuretic and I usually don't drink as much water as I need to. I lost seven pounds in four days and dropped from 130lbs / 59kg to 123lbs / 55.8kg. Unfortunately during my vacation I ate a ton. That's why I'm hopping right back into this tea adventure. I'm going to take my measurements as well since I got a nifty tape while I was away. Here's where it starts...

0 hours
Weight: 128.2lbs / 58.3kg

78 hours
Weight: 124.0lbs / 56.2kg

Not a bad amount of progress for something that lasted only three days. I broke the fast with some chicken... that was probably the worst idea I've had in a long time. My digestive system was really upset with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment