Sunday, September 12, 2010

1 Year Anniversary

Somewhere in September marks the one year anniversary of this blog. I'm genuinely surprised that it's still alive and kicking. I didn't think I'd have the dedication to keep it going. Similarly it means I've had my eating disorder for a year. I went from 175lbs / 79.4kg to 118lbs / 53.5kg, that's a loss of approximately 60lbs / 27.2kg.

A lot of things have transpired these past few weeks.

I moved into my new apartment with a roommate. We settled on a modest 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom. My roommate is taking the living room while I'm in the bedroom. It's 950sqft and much better than the studio we were planning on. Things are going okay so far.
My roommate isn't nearly as clean as I am but that's not a hard bar to miss. I keep all of my labels facing forward and organize the clothes in my closet by season and color. We haven't set up a solid internet plan yet. Thankfully my phone is also a wireless hotspot so I have internet access although it's slow and shady.

I got in a car accident that put my vehicle in the shop for two weeks. They decided that the other driver was 100% at fault (pulled out in front of traffic to make an illegal left hand turn.) I earned a bit of money and my car was repaired. My passenger is still going to the doctor for his injuries so there has been quite a bit of money in it for him.

A very close friend of mine who I still hold dear to my heart passed away. He had aplastic anemia and survived almost two years longer than everyone said he would. This incident caused me to do things I had never done before. I took six laxatives (the highest recommended daily dose - it's not as scary as it sounds) and two diuretics (again, the maximum daily amount.) I don't do drugs, smoke, or drink. I have no other self-destructive behaviors aside from my eating disorder so I suppose that this was the best coping mechanism I could muster at the time.

I would really like to be thinner soon. Do you think that man would have a fatty in his lap? Of course not.













No comments:

Post a Comment