Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oregon, Update

It has been a while! Someone asked me if I went to Oregon and they were partially right: I did go there to visit. I was in the Beaverton and Portland area for about a week and a half. The scenery was amazing and it snowed the entire time. If I do end up moving there I'm dead set on the Pearl District. It's cheaper and better looking than Hollywood, CA is. The downtown feel doesn't make me as homesick either.

My roommate and I locked ourselves out of the apartment. That was an adventure. We ruined a credit card, hotel room key, and amusement park annual pass before we managed to get back in.



When I was driving home from work the other day I saw this in front of me. What could it be?


It gave me a laugh.


I'm working two full time jobs right now and they're taking up a lot of my time. I finally got a teaching position with a local college. In California you need two years of student teaching before you can fully earn your credential. I lucked out since the college hired me as a "long term substitute" instead of a professor. The pay is the same but I don't get any benefits. At least it'll look great on my resume.

I've been relatively stress free and productive these past few weeks. Unfortunately that means I have started to pack on the pounds. I haven't weighed myself in at least 21 days but I can feel that my pants are fitting tighter. I'm petrified of the scale. I would guess that it's at least a gain of 10 lbs (5kg). What makes this even worse is the fact that Christmas is right around the corner.

I need to get back on track... I think I'll start off by staying under 600 calories a day. That affords me enough calories to have a moderate breakfast, lunch and dinner if I choose to do so. I'll probably end up breaking it into two meals: one for each job.

Co-workers offering to buy me fast food every day is going to be the end of me. When I bloat up like a balloon and float over the horizon please don't hesitate to load your guns. I cannot fly, I do not belong up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment